Friday, September 16, 2005


Well, I have been meaning to do this for a while - sort of a on-line journal (available for anyone to read of course). So finally - here we go.
First off... a little introduction - I am Danny Fein, 24 year old 4th year med student at Einstein. I am married Shoshana Green, my high school sweetheart (awwwwww.....) and we recnetly (just a hair under one month ago) had a son - Sammy. That's us. My family.
I'd list all my friends, but - I don't have any. Just kidding. I am blessed to have a TON of friends and family - who will make guest appearances in future posts, I am sure.

So... since I need to pack, a quick update in my life. Sammy is 1 month old tomorrow. He is giving the greatest training an aspiring pediatritian can have, though he doesn't do too much. I feel like over the past couple days he has been awake and looking at Shosh and myself more, but that just could be my imagination. One thing for sure - he has pretty good neck control! Other family things - my cousin, Adina, an aspiring 1st year med student is currently with her FEMA diaster relief team, down in New Orleans. Pretty damn cool. Way to go Adina! My mom turned XX on the 13th (happy birthday mom!) I will introduce other members of my family next post.

School -- i am on "paternity leave". It's great. Trying to do some advance boards studying (not advanced b/c i know everything, but advance, b/c I don't take Step 2 until January). I got my 2nd interview request today - For UMDNJ (got Jacobi request yesterday). Very exciting.

Sports - Yanks 1/2 game out of wild card, 1.5 games back of the Sox. Mets faded down the stretch (hey - at least they made "the stretch" this year!) But of course.. more importantly - FOOTBALL is back... and with it, FFL. Raiders lost to NE last week and are home on a Sunday night game vs. KC -- should be fun. Meanwhile, I had my best fantasy week ever as I was highest scoring team in BOTH leagues. Go Llamas! Go Emus!
In my keeper league, Iplay my arch-rival, the Schizophrenic Crack Addicts, this week in what should be a tough game.
Made ~ 27% on football last week - not bad. Thsi weeks games are tougher to call. Go GB!! GO JAX!! Go MIA!!! Go DAL!! Go SD!!! Go NE!!!!

I wrote a book - Shattered Alliances and I am trying to find time t owork on the sequel - which is about half way through. I have written several short stories as well, and recently came up with an idea for another kick-ass story.

I am currently reading W.E.B. Griffin's The Corps series (I am on book #3) having already read his Brotherhood at War and Badge of Honor series. Amazing books. The absolute best character writer --> even better than my favorite author, Stephen King. This guy just comes up with characters that you feel are your own brothers and sisters. Phenomenal.

I think that is it for this initial post. Again, more friends and family will be listed in the future with their stories. Oh yeah --> I am going to the NYG game on Monday night. VERY exciting.

Anyways, it is Sammy's pidyon Haben this Sunday (SUNDAY! We can't bomb them on Sunday! It's Simchat Torah!), so I have to go write something.

Ciao

1 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger Esther said...

Hey I just found this. Great picture of Sammy. I see you too have joined the blogging world, as have I.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home