Tuesday, September 20, 2005


You know what pisses me off? How much this site crashes. it's a pain in the @$$. I'd love to say that is why it has gone 4 or so days since i have last published in my on-line journal-ish type thing, but i'd be lying. since it is late.. a quick recap of the weekend and you'll see why I was busy.

Friday: erev shabbos, of course. Had to get up to Monsey, NY to be with my parents.

Saturday: Shabbos! you expect a post? well.. how about afterwards you say? i would have, but i was busy getting ready for Sammy's Pidyon HaBen!!!

Sunday: Ah, Sunday. So much going on! Sammy's Pidyon HaBen was amazing. Thankfully, the cohen, my brother-in-law, Elnatan Rudolph, let me redeem him. We got some silver dollars from Israel in a beautiful case (thanks Buzzy!!) Pidyon went off great. Sammy was very polite and cute, and the food, from Bubba's Bagels, was phenomenal. Thanks to all you guys who showed up for Shosh and I, we really appreciate it, and it meant a lot to us.
After the pidyon, I got to watch football.. week 2. GREAT fantasy week. Llamas and Emus both an unprecidented 2-0; however, not only did my Raiders lose to the hated Chiefs on national TV on Sunday night, no games went my way. None. GB can't beat Trent Dilfer in a home opener, DAL can't stave off Mark Brunell (ok, this happened Monday night, or really early Tuesday AM), and for some reason I put faith in Joey Harrington and the Detroit lions. Yikes. remind me never to do that.
And of course, Sammy was cute as ever. He was rooting for the Raiders too (ok, fine the picture is from opening week, but he's still damn cute).

Monday: Stayed in Teaneck at my in-laws. Sammy was cute (again!). Didn't do too much during the day... now on book #4 in W.E.B Griffin's the Corps series.. great rading. But the night.... Went with my brother Andrew (i know, I'll introduce my family members soon.. tomorrow hopefully), my friend Steven (friend intros will be soon as well) and his friend Stu, to the Saints "home opener" at the Meadowlands vs. the Giants. It was awesome. I have never been to a night football game --> was really amazing. Giants won as well, which is nice.. since it is the first football game I have been too where the team I am rooting for wins. Perhaps thisbodes well for when I go to Jets-Raiders on Dec 11th with Steven. Of course, leaving the parking lot is another story, but once we left there, it was smooth sailing home.

Today: Woke up late.. well, woke up with Sammy at 8:30 (by 'with', i mean 'by') and then he slept on my chest for an hour and then next to me for an hour. For the record - the absolute greatest feeling in the world is having your son sleep on your chest. Just to feel every breath and every heart beat - I wouldn't trade those times for ANYTHING.
Once I got up, Shosh, Sammy and I (from henceforth will be referred to SSD) went to visit my mom at her work - Neurology group at Bergen County... she works in the business office (again, introductions to family soon). I worked there one summer - right after getting married, b4 I started med school, which I guess was already 3 years ago.. amazing how time flies.... anyways, we visited my mom at work.. everyone just stared at Sammy for about 15 minutes. We then went to Babies R Us and test drove strollers. Found one I absolutley LOVE.. this stroller by Jeep.. it is amazing.. hoepfully we will get it... though it seems like it is out of stock right now.
We then came home, back to the beautiful Bronx, where I cooked flounder for dinner. I know you all care about details like that. We gave Sammy a bath, I absolutley destroyed Etan in a game of Madden, the Yanks won, Boston won and Cleveland lost (Mets won as well), and looks like my favorite NFL QB, Byron Leftwich, the toughest QB ever in my opinion, is hurt, bit not bad enough that he can't play. I'll get into why he is so tough at some point I suppose.

Tomorrow I have to deal with my research... like if it will actually happen. Going to be interesting.

Good night All,
Danny

1 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Esther said...

I seem to be the one and only commenter for now. That is seriously the cutest picture I've seen in a long time. And while the daddy gushing is slightly sickening, it's cute too. Hope your return to school isn't too hard.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home