Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Shosh took me on a 2 mile walk today with Sammy. Ah... the beautiful Bronx and it's wonderful smells.

The one problem with great books (like the Corps Series) is how late I stay up reading. Pretty crazy. I need more sleep - that is for sure.

Anyways.. lets see - lets introduce my family. I already mentioned myself (and since I am the general subject of these blogs, I won't blabber on about myself for now), my son Sammy (who is also the subjects of these posts .. yadda yadda yadda) and my wife Shosh. We were high school sweethearts (awwwwww.....) and now we have been married 3 and 1/4 years. She graduated last Decemebr from Columbia PT school with a DPT (that's Dr. Shoshana to you!) and (though currently on maternity leave) works for schools in the local county. She's beautiful, smart, funny (very funny), and an all around great person (I don't want to break out the heavy adjectives, so we'll just leave it at that).

My Dad is an OBGYN, and self described "TD" (top dog) of his practice. Pretty amazing what he has accomplished. I've delivered a few babies in my time (seriously - I'm a med student, remember) and it is a damn good feeling bringing life into this world. Lets see - my dad is Israeli, loves practical jokes, and is truly a great dad - always there for you whenever you need him.

My Mom used to be a teacher and now works in the business office of a Neurology practice (why yes, we are a medically oriented family). She's a great mom. She always takes interest in whatever I'm doing (never fails to surprise me when I mention that the Yanks won and she mentions some fact about the game), always there to talk to and still loves to entertain me, whenever we visit for Shabbos.

Brother one - Andrew - just graduated from Binghamton this past May (my God was that a long day), and is now working for a real estate company in Brooklyn. Quite the drive from Monsey to Brooklyn. We are only 3 years apart in age and while I wouldn't say we are rediculously close, we have been closer since AOL IM and cell phones (since I have not been living at my parent's house for the last 7 + years). He's a Jets fan (hahahahaha) and has a girlfriend - Shari - for about a year and a half now. And he also bears a striking resemblance to Bono.

Brother Two - Alex - is a senior in high school. He is currently trying to decide where to go for college. He is about to come to the realization (As I have) that life is an endless series of applications and standardized tests. I don't think he knows exactly what he wants to do yet.. But that's OK he has plenty of time. I think Alex (Al) and I are more alike then myself and Andrew - he's more into sports - both watching and playing - loves writing and likes the same authors and stories and music that I do. He plays the guitar (so does Andrew), and it is always a lot of fun to go to my parents house and play some songs together ( I play the piano). He's not feeling well now though, so AL.. feel better. Oh yeah Al is also a Raiders fan!)

Brother One/Brother Two reminds me of Thing 1 Thing 2 from The Cat in The Hat - great book; horrific movie.

Anyways....
My father-in-law, Buzzy, and my mother-in-law, Phyllis, are also both amazing people. (as i am writing this I realize that I describe everyone in my family as 'great' or 'amazing'... i am a very lucky person. So.. Buzzy sells professional photography equipment which is pretty neat since he always has the newest camera stuff at home - so we get free digital pics (not to mention camera etc.) and Phyllis is a speech therapist (she is already trying to get Sammy to talk). Like my parents, they are both absolutely GA-GA over Sammy. Buzzy is a HUGE Mets fan. Hates the Yankees and loves Kentucky college basketball (which might explain why he hasn't done to well in his brackets the past couple of years). My mother in law doesn't particularly love sports, and wonders why Buzzy hates the Yankees of they are also from NY.

Yael, my sister in law, who is finishing up college this semester and is truly an amazing habadasher got married six months ago to Elnatan. They have a house in Teaneck, a mile from my in-laws (which will explain why I sometimes refer to Elnatan as Ray). Elnatan is in politics an the printing business and is also a pretty great guy. Yaeli is a lot of fun, and very very kind, and i think she just wants to hold Sammy until her arms fall off. She is also has the best fashion sense of anyone I know (which, despite not sounding like it means much, she really does have a great fashion sense, and did I mention she makes beautiful hats?

Jake, my brother in law, is very unique. He loves music (plays the drums pretty damn well), as a matter of fact, he was the founder of a now defunct band - SWEJ, loves movies - and is always up to date on anything pop-culturish. Also a big Mets fan, Jake is probably the funniest guy I know. He is also a senior in high school (same school as Al) and seems to be king of the extra curricular activity. He also tolerates Shosh and I tossing him out of his room when we stay overnight (granted, the room still has purple wall paper and carpet since it was Shosh's room). He's like another younger brother to me, and since i didnt have his entire life to boss him around, beat him up and do all the other fun stuff older brothers do, I try to make up for lost time when we're around together.

so that's my family

And now, we are off to go look at more strollers, and to get Sammy something for his neck, since whenever he is in the car seat his head is perpendicular to the way it should be. IT just looks so uncomfortable.

Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home