Friday, May 05, 2006

TGIF

Seriously folks... thank goodness its Friday. I hate geriatrics. I mean, I dont hate ALL old people - just the rotation. I have to admit, after being in Kings Harbor nursing home today - its pretty damn depressing. I haven't been to a real nursing home since my Uncle Imre (my paternal grandmother's brother) passed away something like 15 years ago. All the old demented people lined up in their wheelchairs like an empty bumper-car ride in the amusement park. Pretty depressing. Seriously. But, 5 more days left of the rotation - nay, of medical school. So i can suck it up.
Last night was my award ceremony. It was pretty cool. I got my award for Excellence in Pediatrics, and it was extra nice since a) the dean pointed out that I am going to CHAM (in all my wisdom) and b) there were a ton of people from CHAM there at the cermony - including the residency director, Dr. Skae; the doctor I think of as my mentor, Dr. Avner andDr Ozuah - current interim chair of CHAM (who was the keynote speaker). So it was very nice. The food was good - much better than the average run of the mill Einstein food.
Let's see what else is going on. Actually listening to My Chemical Romance right now - my first impression is that it is just ok.. i don't love it but it is bearable (which is more than i can say for a lot of that kind of music). The song Helena is good and so is Thank you for the Venom.
Not reading anything right now - going to start The Key to Rebecca tonight, by Ken Follet. I've become a big Follet fan - his latest one, whiteout was very good. MI III came out today, and i really want to see it - but alas, i can't yet. oh well.
Gotta do some more PALS stuff this weekend, and I have a daf or two to catch up on. But that's about it.

Anyways, good shabbos to all and god bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home