Sunday, January 15, 2006

Long time no speak...


Well, it has been quite some time since I have posted. But there is good reason. Not much has happened regarding research since my last post. I missed every day this past week except for Friday b/c I was in Boston and New Haven for interviews. I liked them both a lot.
Quickly, regrading research, since there is a smiling 5 month old waiting for me to play with him..... Dr. Khine was in house several days this week and got no patients... there was only 1 first time wheezer the entire time she was there (which is amazing) and taht person did not have a family history of asthma. I suppose the 50 degree weather isnt helping that much for our study, but this is rediculous! I am not expecting too much on MLK day tomorrow. Likely to be anotehr graveyard.
So for my chart review, the amazing people in the Health Information Office at Monte did as they said and saved me a ton of charts throughout the week, that I had plenty to keep myself busy with on friday. I dub them amazing specifically to contrast them with the morons who run Health Information at Weiler. (We need stuff at Weiler as well since a lot of taps are done in the NICU). I was there almost 10 days ago, gave in the stuff for the files and was told it would take at least 72 hours and I would be called when the files were in. Fine. On wednesday I get a call saying that they need another photocopy of the IRB form b4 they can get files. I flipped out and yelled at the woman who tried to use the fact that she was on vacation as an excuse for the office not getting their shit together and getting me my charts more than 144 hours after i submitted the request. So first thing friday morning I went to Weiler and lo and behol, they had boxes of charts waiting for me. What idiots.

in other news - GREAT ind-pit game this week.Peyton Manning. wow. never gonna win a big game.
gn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home