Thursday, January 05, 2006

Progress!

First, before my excited explanation… a quick update on that baby I enrolled last Friday. She is still in the PICU, though she is doing much better. Today when I went up to visit, she was out of bed, which is a damn good thing. Means there are less tubes and wires connecting her, which is always a good thing

So… Over the last week Dr. Khine enrolled 2 and I enrolled 1! Amazing… we doubled our previous enrollment (though one of Dr. Khine’s enrollees went to a different hospital the following day and got Orapred (argh!)). So yesterday I was very busy b/c I had some follow ups to do (and of course, they came at the same time), however there were 0 new first time wheezers <2>

The other thing on which I am making progress, and being kept busy with, is my LP study. Got my first 25 charts to flip through yesterday, awaiting my 25 for today; however, most of the work I was doing the past 2 days on this study is computer work. I do have to complain about the fact that whoever did this study beforehand would write “no documentation” way to frequently. I mean, simply looking for the LP sheet is not enough. Sometimes the attending write a LP procedure note elsewhere, sometimes they don’t. But you can always check the nursing records, medications given, and the computer record of meds given. Really annoys me that I can’t trust anything, which was written beforehand. I really hate it when people do half-assed jobs.

Jason Broder (college friend, I know- I still need to talk about those) is coming to visit tonight. He was supposed to come 2 weeks ago, but thanks to the transit union, he couldn’t make it. Bastards. Anyways, I’m excited.. haven’t seen Jason since September.

I am currently reading Robert Ludlum’s The Promethus Deception. A very very good book. I am eagerly awaiting the release of Steven King’s newest – The Cell – later this month. Also looking forward to seeing Billy Joel on the 26th!!!!

We had Shosh’s friend Dana’s wedding the other night. It was very nice. But we have sheva brachot on Saturday night at 8pm. That’s the Pats-Jags game! ARGH!

Ok.. off to read.

D



Addendum::
Today and yesterday no one. Rediculous. I think the only time the asthma room has more than 1 person in it is when my peeps came back at the same time! Tomorrow is always another (frustrating) day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home