Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My Friends (pt 1)

Yes, that is the name of a great RHCP song (music- i love music. That's another topic I will have to tackle in a future post.) but it is also the subject of my post. I will be listing and telling y'all a little about my closest friends. They will be listed in no specific order, yadda yadda yadda.

Steve - Steve is my oldest friend. We go way back to elementary school. He is currently back in school to get an electrical engineering degree (he already has a degree in computer science). He also just got married to another friend of mine from high school, Celia, about a month ago. They also (much to the delight of Shosh) moved to New Milford, which happens to be about a mile away from my in-laws house).

Steven - Notice the subtle name difference. I met Steven in high school and we became great friends almost immediately. Steven is also married- to yet another good friend of mine (isn't it convenient when your friends marry each other?), Laurie. Steven is currently a 3rd year medical student, who is most likely going into pediatrics (as is yours truly). Steven is a Rangers fan - and probably the only hockey fan I know, and a Colts fan (he used to be a Niners fan, but recently switched his alliance - but before the Colts were amazing, so hold off on calling him a front runner). Anyways, Steven and I are very close, we spend a tremendous time on the phone talking sports and arguing about fantasy trades (yes, he is part of my keeper fantasy league). I honestly think we could spend 3 hours on the phone arguing the minuta of an relatively unimportant deal. Actually, scratch that, i have. We go to football games together - already one this year, Jets-Raiders in December as well, and possibly more, and unfortunately, don't get to hang out enough.

David (aka Elson) - another great friend of mine from high school, and the guy who got me into fantasy football and just more interested in sports in general. David and I can spend twice as much time discussing minuta of one rule for our fantasy league (he is commish and creator of the unbelievably complex keeper league I am in) than I can discussing the game with Steven. David and I get together frequently to watch football on Sundays, and if not together we will often watch the entire game on the phone together (and with Krevat - see below). David is currently working in a lab at Cornell (the medical campus in the city), still working tutoring for Kaplan, (i think) and is applying to med school. I think one of the best highlights of the sports aspect of my relationship with David is when he was in the library at Cornell (the one up in the middle of nowhere, NY), "studying" for a test, and I was giving him play by play of game 7 ALCS, Yanks-Sox in 2003, when Aaron Boone hit the game winning home run. I bet a lot of people actually studying hated him that day. David (as you probably guessed) is a die hard Yankees fan, used to be a Dolphins fan, and should really be working for some professional sports organization.

Elie (aka Krevat), yet another close friend from high school - AND from MIT as well, since we both boldly went where no Frisch student had gone before (well at least in the 3-4 years that preceded us). Krevat currently lives in Seattle and is working for Microsoft, though hopefully, he will soon be coming back to the East coast. He just got back from his vacation to Thailand and Japan where he ate REALLY REALLY cheap kosher meat. I love Krevat. He used to spend almost every holiday at my parents house when we were in high school. He also won a porsche boxster playing on-line poker. What a lucky duck. He is also in our keeper FFL league (just got an expansion team) and is a die hard Niners fan (he is from San Fran).

Shari - Shari is a 4th year med student at Columbia - she's going into Orthopedics. She is definitely one of the smartest people I know. We first became good friends in the middle of high school and we managed to keep in touch throughout 4 years of college and med school. I guess that says a lot about our friendship right there. We don't get to hang out as often as we would like, BUT, since she is (conveniently) best friends with Celia, I have had the pleasure of spending a ton of time with Shari the past couple weeks since we were all actively involved in wedding stuff! So much fun! And she's coming to visit us on Friday! Awesome! It would be pretty neat if Shari and I ended up doing our residency at the same hospital even though we are in totally different fields. That would be cool.

that's all for now. I'll get to college/medschool people another day

Not much happened today. I did find out it will be OK for me to continue on with my research, despite the fact we don't have IRB approval. To quote the good JD - "you'll have something to write a paper about. You could write a paper about how the IRB fucked you." Gotta love the man.

Sammy is still really cute. He is holding his head up more at any given point in time. Its pretty neat watching him progress. He hiccups a lot. That bothers me , b/c there is absolutley nothing i can do to stop them. I tried scaring him. It didn't work (just kidding).

im on book 5 of the corps series and will likely finish that soon.

have to do a stupid review of myself at the Mrochand center ( a simulated patient experience) tomorrow. going to be dumb and a waste of time.

goodnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home