Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Lost, NBA Playoffs And a New Short Story.

Ok... so lets start with the last one first. My latest short story, The Pile, has been published by Ad Libitum, the Einstein literary journal. If you would like to read it, click here and then click the second of the two options given to you. This one is sort of based on personal experience and is dedicated to NR.

Anyways, lets see. I have spent a good deal of the past two days watching the first season of Lost. I am now 15 epsiodes in, meaning I am almost 2/3 done with the first season. And let me tell you, this show is good. The premise - 48 people or so survive a plane crash on a deserted island. They are very far off course so there is really no hope of anyone coming to get them. It started off a little bit like Lord of the Flies, but quickly diverged. Strange things are happening on this island. I know many of you reading this probably have a lot of answers to some of my questions, like - where the hell was that wire going into the ocean, what's with the polar bears, the hatch and the freaking monster, but I want to find out myself. If you dont know what I'm talking about I storngly suggest you buy season 1 on DVD and watch. Regardless, the show is good, and addictive. very good character development, which as you know, I love. watch it. now.

NBA playoffs - I love it. I have become down on the NBA a bit since Isiah Thomas has destroyed me beloved Knicks and turned them into the league laughing stock, but the playoffs are still good fun. Dallas vs San Antonio. Now i used to love the spurs back in the David Robinson era, as Eagle can attest too - and while I thank Duncan for helping Robinson win a title, I do not like him all that much. I like Manu Ginobli and Tony Parker even less. Thus, I am elated that Mavs have gone up 3-1 in the series. Now let me ask you this. Down by 5, 30 seconds left with no timeouts and the other team has the ball - what would you do? foul right away, right? right. wrong. the spurs did nothing and let the mavs have the game without even giving it a chance. I see this series rolling away from them like the basketball away from Ginobli as time expired in Game 3.

FFL is starting soon, though it seems we might not be able to do it all in one day. We shall see. Meanwhile in FBL, i had 3 AL pitchers going last night and amazingly enough, ALL had good - great games. The best, none otehr than my -23 point disappointment last week, Kevin Millwood. Be consistent, please.

Almost done with tractate pesachim, though I will be holding off finishing it until the simchat bat of my niece, Jordana. Oh, speaking of her - here's a great picture of Sammy and Jordana....
ok, so Sammy is happy and he's torchering Jordana, but he's only 9 months (tomorrow) so, we'll give him a break.

Anyways, I'm off to play some video games with Etan.
later

2 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger texas math said...

Speaking as a die-hard Spurs fan....all I have to say is...what the hell were they thinking at the end of the game?

Geez...

And the Knicks deserve the misery they get especially with Larry Brown as head coach...haven't liked him since he said those harsh words about Robinson several years back.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Hey, I really liked the story. I was expecting a different ending. Do you hate me that I printed it out and sat there reading with red pen in hand?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home