Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Yes!

Well, a huge burden was taken off my shoulders yesterday evening when my new friend Kate, the pediatric house staff person called me to tell me that I did indeed get a 2 bedroom apartment in Waldo (a.k.a Monte 3). I am very excited, as I actually started getting nervous yesterday about finding a place to live. Now I just face the grim prospects of packing.

Sports are amazing. Yesterday featured some great games. To start with, Mets vs Cards, Glavine vs Suppan. I still remember the Glavine of last year, and I'll be honest - I'm still waiting for him to horribly implode in a crucial situation. Call me faithless, but I thought last night was going to be that night. Up by 1 on the Phillies and begining a tough road stretch in St Louis. But Glavine pitched briliantly, and the Mets bats (including Cliff Floyd) came to life and they won 8-3. Glavine is 6-2. wow.
Lets go to the Bronx now. Yanks vs Texas. Yanks go down 9-0 after 1.5, 10-2 after 3. But they battle back, led by perrenial all-star and pretty boy Derek Jeter and take the lead 11-10. And despite losing that lead 12-11 and then Rivera blowing the save, they end up winning 14-13 on a Jorge Posada 2 run HR. Amazing! And posada had made an amazing play a the plate earlier in the game. What character. To win 14-13 at home without arguably their 3 best power hitters - Matsui, Sheffield and Giambi, wow.
And then the NBA playoffs. Yes, the Nets lost - but the beter game was Clips vs Suns. This game went to double OT and lasted until 2:10 am EST. There were sequences of rediculousness including back to back steals, a blown non time out call, a 8 second violation on a smiling Sam Cassell, huge missed free throws by BOTH teams, and the Suns held on to win it. I think they will win the series, but I'm really pulling for the Clippers.
I haven't listened to any new music lately or seen any movies. I'm still watching the first season of lost (and in the last episode i watched "In translation" they actually used the phrase "this is very lord of the flies.") I love it. I also love how one of the characters i named John Locke. Interesting side point - the third episode of Lost is titled "Tabula Rasa" - which happenes to be one of the key ideas of English philosopher John Locke. Interesting, no?
great show.

Anyways, my step uncle's father passed away the other day so we're going to go pay a shiva call tonight. Baruch dayan haemet.
And - in good news, my cousin, Adina, just got into Einstein!!! Pretty exciting. It will definitley be funny seeing her in Monte.

adios

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home