Sunday, January 03, 2010

The Blog is Back in Town!
Hello 2010! We have entered a new decade since I have posted anything - almost 3.5 years as a matter of fact. A lot has happened since then - I had two more kids (Zach (19months), Benji (1month)) (and of course Sammy (~4.5yrs) is doing well), finished residency, matched for a fellowship in pediatric emergency medicine at CHAM (the Children's Hospital at Montefiore) which will start 7.1.10, passed my peds boards to become a board certified pediatrician, got an article on which I am first author accepted to Pediatric Emergency Care (to be published in the future) and I am more than halfway through with my chief residency in pediatrics.

Damn, i've been busy.

I've also attempted to read a bunch of non-medical stuff - right now I am reading the Last Templar - which is entertaining. I've been listening to a ton of music - haven't gotten anything new lately -and, unfortunatley, the only movies I have been seeing lately are animated. Usually, I see them several times a week. The movie du jour is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Like most of these films, it is at times entertaining, and at times annoying. On TV - I'm watching heroes and lost on a regular basis (as regular as you can be when you go almost a year between seasons) and a bit of some shows which I am finding really amusing - Modern Family and the Middle. I am watching season 1 of Californication as well . I think it has some great story lines and a good main character (i've never really liked David Duchovny, but he is excellent in this (and a Golden Globe winner because of it).Sports wise - it has been a LONG 3.5 years as the Knicks have been one of the worst teams in basketball (though had one of their largest victories ever tonight), the Raiders have been one of the worst teams in football (plenty on this in the future, I assure you) and the Mets have been one of the most disappointing teams in any sport after 2 historic late season collapses and then the disaster that was 2009. Fantasy sports wise has fared a bit better with 2 FFL titles since then and a pretty good showing in a 12 team fantasy baseball league (at least this past year), though not so hot with basketball. I've actually become quite a fan of fantasy baseball - which I am sure will lead to many posts throughout most of the year. I've also managed to (roughly) stick with daf yomi - I am 125 daf behind, but still got ~ 3 years to be all caught up.

So... what brings us here today? The new year, of course. i have decided that one of my new years resolutions was going to be restarting this blog. Why? Well, mainly because I miss writing and I don't have the time or strength to get back into my novel - so I figure this is a nice substitute. And, I'll get to show you (whoever you is) pictures and ramble on as much as I want. Besides, I wonder if my kids will be intersted in this in the future. Or will they not really care? who know....
Will this last? I hope so - Last new year's resolution was a success - though not as much as I had hoped (only lost 4lbs, was hoping for 10) - but we get another shot at that one as well.

Alas, it is finally time for bed, as the first work week of 2010 is upon us. Happy New Year!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home