Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Oriented Like a Mofo

Well, I am writing now that my orientation at Monte/CHAm has essentially ended. We still have a lunch tomorrow but that's at some restaurant in Westchester so I don't knwo if that can really be called 'orientation'. The Monte part was stupid, the CHAM part was pretty much unnecessary for me, but it was fun nonetheless since we got to all meet each other. 7 guys in my program (out of 23) - a big percentage for a peds program - much bigger than the last two years at Monte. I am now certified in PALS as well - but damn scared to be put in a situation where I would need to use any of the knowledge that I learned.
I start on shabbos with a 10-10 shift in the ED. then i have a regular day of clinic on monday with a 6-12 shift after and on july 4th the noon-midnight shift. oh yeah, we're moving on sunday the 2nd. though i am happy i am starting in the ED - i am pretty well known and comfortable their already so it should be fun. My co-intern, Ginger, is on with me. She seems pretty cool - and actually looks like what you would expect a Ginger to look like. It should be a party!
Word has spread about my research getting accepted for the abstract presentation at the AAP meeting in October. the 3rd year fellow Ee (yes, that is her name) offered to send me her template for a poster which is nice. and since i dont have the floor until spetember, i should actually have some time to work on this poster over the summer, which is nice. just awaiting instruction from dr Avner and/or dr. Khine.

Sammy is cruising and crawling and is just so much fun, though he has developed this nasty habit of biting. Not that he is doing it to hurt, but hell, he's got razor like teeth and it really does hurt! Shosh and I both have war wounds from him. But he is just so mushy and sweet. Though he does have a cold now - congested again and all.

My parents are in Vegas now. It's really freaking hot there. 114 degrees. It was actually cooler in the desert than in Vegas - go figure! It sounds like they are having a good time. Andrew is back from Israel and Alex is working over teh summer doing some filing or stupid shit like that, but he is getting paid like a madman. Now he thinks he wanst to do mechanical engineering. pretty neat.

On a sad note, it seems my car has been vandalized twice in the last few weeks - each side mirror has (on seperate occasions) been found cracked and out of place from the holder. Cost 600 to replace them both. so pissed.

Saw Click today with Shosh (yes, we went on a date) - and i dont care what the reviews say - i LOVED it. Funny, goofy Adam Sandler and a sad movie. Basically the movie was saying life is precious, enjoy it. I cried, a lot (i know, i'm a loser), but i dunno - the thought of Sammy growing up and being a dad and potentially missing any of it is quite depressing. Anyways- everyone knows that there is no way he fast fowards his entire life - you know he will end back up happy, but its a great movie nonetheless.

Another sad note - most of our friends have moved out of Einstein and soon we are leaving. very sad. I think some have even started residency already. so sad.

our FFl auction is going well - i managed to trade a guy i wasnt going to keep anyway, which was good for me and it is soon my pick in the draft. My NL team has been on fire, and teh return on AJ Burnett (92 pitch complete game shut out today) perks up my sagging AL team a bit.

peace out H-town

1 Comments:

At 5:36 AM, Blogger Esther said...

Funny, my parents are going to Vegas next week. Good luck on your first day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home