Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Someday's You Got It... Some Days You Don't

And, today I didn't. Well, I continued my amazing IV run, but the procedure luck stopped there. When I was an intern rotating through the well baby nursery, the most frustrating thing was when a baby needed a full sepsis work up and I could get the LP without any issue, but couldn't get the damn blood for a culture.

Well, guess what's more annoying.....

Not being able to get the tap or the blood. 13 day old today- got pure blood on the tap, twice - and both times the needle eased in without any issue. Frustrating! and then, I couldn't hit any of the kids easily visible veins for a culture. Had to do an A-stick... man, what an afternoon. But I did get to teach someone how to do an LP - which I really do love to do. So I guess there is a silver lining to every cloud.

Oh, and I see rumors of the Mets trying to trade for Mike Lowell. just what the Mets need - an injured 30+ 3rd baseman. I'm sure now that the word is out that this prospect, Chapman, is having control issues the Mets will be all over that like white on rice. What a joke. Minaya has got to go.

NFL wildcard weekend. Sadly, Sammy is more interested in watching the same movie over and over so my odds of being able to catch any significant part of any of the games is slim to none.

Taking Zach and Benji to the doctor tomorrow for their 18month and 1 month check-ups. I remember Sammy at this age - when he would go to the doctor, he was like a spider monkey. the second the doc walks in the room his is scurrying up my back and shrieking. Thankfully, its a phase. if he knew we were taking the other boys to the doctor tomorrow he'd tell me he didnt want to go to school, but he wanted to go to the doctor. Kids - gotta love em.

Speaking of kids, Zach has finally started calling me 'Da Da'. For the last 3 months it has been 'La La' but I guess now that he realizes that Mommy has to feed the parasite around the clock, he best be getting on my good side! I love it.... can't get enough of it. The only thing that beats your toddler calling your name in that sweet loving way is when a baby falls asleep on your chest. priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home