Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ready to Start!!! No... not quite yet

So... Dr. Khine called me today.... she got the stamped consent and HIPPA forms.. meaning, from IRB standpoint we are ready to go! I cant believe it! BUT (there is always a but), the pharamcy is not yet ready making the placebo .. seems there is a limit to how much sorbitol you can have per solution as it can cause osmotic diarrhea.. so... the pharamcist is futzing with the ingredients to try to get a concotion that looks/smell/taste like Orapred, but is not too sickly sweet, no bad aftertaste etc etc as we want the kids to take it. So, Dr. Khine and I got to participate in a taste test in the pharmacy of various combos of placebo, which is , I must say, pretty gross. One had a horrific after taste. And for teh record, orapred does not taste that bad!

What else did I do today? Made copies of HIPPA/consent forms, collated, made signs for the ED, reviewed procedure, got the file box ready adn went to ED wit hDr. Khine to meet some attendings and nurses. I am very much looking forward to starting. Pharmacy says they should have stuff ready by Monday for us to get started, which is very exciting (but I am not holding my breath = )

in other news, llamas are 9-1 and can clinch a bye this week, shosh and I are starting to write thank you cards (finally got Sammy stationary) and look for babysitters, and Smamy is, of course, cute. I will post a new picture next time after i upload new ones to my computer. He is laughin gand making eye contact and following past midline and smiling and holding his head up better. Progressing very nicely.

Interviews at Jacobi, Robert Wood, and most recently at Sinai all went very well. Going to be tough to make a rank list since I like every place I am going to!

g'night

1 Comments:

At 5:28 AM, Blogger Esther said...

It's very hard to read medical terms when you're talking about Sammy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home