Monday, November 21, 2005

So.. I Started My Research!!!!!

Ha! No I didn't... silly you for believeing that!

So, I got to Monte, all excited to start my research. I saw Dr. Avner in the ER as I entered, and he's like "Dr. Khine is over there," so I was excited, wearing my stethescope and all (first time in 3 weeks). I see Dr. Khine, and she says that we still have to hear from the pharmacy. I am not 100% sure what the issue is now, but I believe it has to do with the money - whether it is too expensive, or who is paying for it, I dont know, but I am pretty sure it has to do with money.
Anyways, Dr. Khine called Irma (Peds Ed secretary) and went to see a patient while I studied in the ED, an hour and a half went by, no word, I went up to library to study for another 45 min, came back down, and Dr. Khine said that we were not starting today, still no word (or negative word - I am not 100% sure) from the pharmacy, and she will call or email me when stuff is ready to go.
I am pretty upset - I was very much looking forward to starting today. We shall see what happens. (Just to note in the two hours I was there, there were 3 new patients brought into the asthma room, none of whom were less than 2 years of age).
Bah. This is getting slightly annoying.. knowing that we have been ready to start for about 2 months, and first held back by the IRB and now by the pharmacy. VERY frustrating.

In lighter news, Llamas go 10-1 (8 wins in a row) and clinich a bye. Go me!
I am currently reading Lions Game... though with the boards soon, I am not reading so much.

Krevat was in last weekend, which was nice. But it seems he is staying in Seattle for a bit longer (though he might start working for MSN fantasy stuff!)

I got Billy Joel tix for me and Shosh - VERY EXCITING!

Sammy is so cute. We open new toys and he goes nuts.. He stares at them and smiles and drools and makes noise! He is awesome. We hung up some more stuff in his room. IT really looks very nice.

My cousins, Rachelle and Adina were here this past weekend, which was very nice! We had a pretty good time and I think they had fun also.

Shosh bought Sammy (me) the Lamazze musical octopus - which is AWESOME! I've already played chopsticks and some other goodies. Sammy is gonna have to fight me for that one.

Off to bed.
buenos noches!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home