Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Argh!

I like to think that I am an easy-going guy and that it takes something to get me annoyed - but one thing that sets me off is when people try to take advantage of my residents. I say 'my residents' with all 69 pediatric residents at CHAM in mind. I do often feel like my co chiefs and I are parents of 69 kids (or at least older, over-protective siblings). We look out for them, help them through their day and try to make their lives easier any was possible. So when someone tries to take advantage of them, it really boils my blood. Over the last day or so we had to deal with some issues in that respect, so it has not been the most pleasant week.

That being said, there are certainly bigger things going on in the world - namely the earthquake in Haiti. What an unimaginable tragedy for the poorest country in the Western hemisphere. On the news they said that thirteen of the aftershocks rated a 4.0 or higher on the Richter scale. That's getting hit when you are already down. And talk about the most inappropriate comments- thank you, Pat Robertson.

Thoughts and prayers are with the millions of people affected by this horrible natural disaster.

Tomorrow I go off service and am rewarded with (!) a 4 day weekend! The longest break i have had in 10 months! Whoo-hoo! But first, a long Thursday ahead of me.

And I get to go to sleep tonight hearing this story. Lovely

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home