Thursday, January 28, 2010

Accepted

A long day, filled with QI meetings and an hour long ridiculous conference call ended with great news - our (my 2 co-chiefs, Hollie and Gigs, and myself) research was accepted for poster presentations at both ESPR (in Philly) and PAS (in Vancouver)! Pretty awesome way to end a long day.

Anyways - I took over service this evening - with am 80% full hospital, which means its sure to be a busy night for the residents at the hospital, and consequently a busy day for me tomorrow. But it will be nice to see patients again on at least a somewhat regular basis.

Spent the morning precepting in my future home - the peds ED. I haven't been there since before we started doing interviews in November, so it was really nice to precept again. Got to educate an adult ED resident about the classic presentation of roseola infatum, which was pretty cool. Otherwise, nothing exciting - a little croup, a little functional abdominal pain and some horrible cavities.

Last night was the State of the Union address. Again, Obama is an excellent orator, but lets see what actually happens. We heard a lot of speeches in the last year, and yet nothing has changed. I agree with what he said - "i can't do it by myself" - but ultimately he will be held accountable if things don't change. I did love it when he took it to the supreme court - and Colbert' segment of 'The Word' yesterday evening was even better.

Well, it's 10:54 and I still have a ton of stuff to do before bed- so away I go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home