Sunday, January 17, 2010

Quite the Busy Day

Well, my day started at 3:30am when I had to convince Sammy that it was not morning and that I didn't want to see him until "the first number on the clock says 7". Which, he actually listened to - by not coming into my room until 7:30. Of course, he wanted to play Super Mario Sunshine. That's right - we had broken out the GameCube for the first time in 3 years. Sammy loves it, and wants to play - sadly it is too complicated for him (both the game AND the controller. I guess its beyondthe hand eye coordination of a 4 year old to be adept at a 8 button 3 joystick controller.

Our morning continued with a bit of a nap with Benji - and then off to the Blooms to see the "Damn Friends"/"Damn Kids" (and hell, even some "Damn Grandkids"!). Here is a picture of Sammy and Aliza!



We then went home where my parents were waiting for us with pizza - which both Zach and Sammy scarfed down. The usual ruckus then ensued - with Sam and Zach wanting to be scared by my dad. They love it. I love that they love it. Full circle. = )

Then our friends, Adina and Ari came over with their daughter Ayelet. Haven't seen them in quite some time (outside of seeing Ari at Benji's bris for a few minutes) = so it was really nice. I broke out my grill for the first time in a year - and it was fun (and delicious!). Nothing quite like grilling in the misty rain watching the Bronx sunset.

This of course all with the background of Brett Favre demolishing the Cowboys and the Jets somehow managing to beat the Chargers. Well, the somehow includes 3 missed FGs by Nate Kaeding - who is 7/10 career in post season FGs not against the Jets, 1/5 against the jets in post season. We will see what the Jets can do against the Colts. I am very impressed with the Jets - but I don't see anyway they can go into Indy and win (then again, I thought the same thing this week). By the way - I love how not even 3 hours after the game, Nate Kaeding's wikipedia page
has a whole paragraph about his performance today.

And, at the end of the day Zach exemplified how we all felt....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home