Sunday, February 07, 2010

A LONG WEEK

Well, apparantly I'm a bit too busy while on service, with three kids, an article to write and my grand rounds to do to update my blog on a frequent (ok... even an infequent) basis. But here I am.

So, what happened? The week was pretty much uneventful aside from getting to go to an amazing lunch on Tuesday, in honor of our department getting a 5 year pass (most possible) from the ACGME. it was a long week, but a good week, and only 14 more weeks of being chief. yikes!

One of my good friends, Stu, had ankle surgery this week. G-d I hope that I never have to undergo surgery for something - definitely something i am very scared of. Not so much the surgery, rather the anesthesia. Damn, its a good thing I'm not the one who has to give birth, or I'm not sure if we would have any kids.

I actually went in on Friday to moonlight - and it was the best day I have had in a while. diagnosed a kid with acute rheumatic fever, actually did patient care - helped out a bunch of residents, and made some extra scratch while I was at it.

Shabbos was nice - the usual suspects were over - and then we had the Gan Miriam melavah malkah. It was nice - we got to see some of Sammy's artwork from the year (and he made a havdalah set, which was nice), but the best part was the inappropriate comedian. The awkwardness was palpable. It was hysterical (not so much the comedian, rather the situation).

And of course, today was the superbowl. Another good game (not as good as last year, but still pretty damn good). Best commercial - the VW punch-buggy. second best - dress down fridays.

Anyways, another week begins, built in with our own mini schooling crisis. Updates soon, and I guess we shall see what happens. Hopefully i'll have more time to update this week.

2 Comments:

At 7:11 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Just commenting so you know that someone is reading what you are writing.
Why was the comedian inappropriate?

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Danny said...

lots of sex jokes and cursing. dont get me wrong - it was hysterical, but even I agree it was inappropriate

 

Post a Comment

<< Home