Monday, February 01, 2010


The Weekend
So, I was on service this weekend - so I was going in to the hospital both days - it wasn't so bad, and I got out before 1 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday - so not bad.
Otherwise, it was a pretty productive weekend for me. I finished up my rough draft of my part of my pheochromocytoma paper and did a lot of research for my grand rounds - which is in <>

Today was all set up to be a horrific day - down one co-chief, a planned sedation in the AM, mock code in the PM... all the stars were aligned for a hellish day - and then, the unthinkable happened. The sedation was cancelled, the mock code went smoothly and there were minimal disruptions. I was signed out and out the door by 5:10. Quite amazing! I also played respiratory therapist today McGyvering (yes, i did just use McGyver as a verb) the CPAP to stay on a 9month old bronchiolitic's face and then troublshooting the machine when it wasn't working. Quite a good feeling - especially since the kid started looking better almost immediatly.

And tomorrow night s the season premiere of LOST. Can't wait. Only sad thing is that it is the last season = (

off to go do some reading. Here's a pic of "the fat baby brother" as Sammy calls him

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home